Tuesday, November 10, 2009

CARNAGE COMPANY: 5TH EDITION REVISITED

Long time no post 'ey?

Oh well, no one reads this blog anyway...

or do you?

If you do, here's the news.

I did not get around to finding my old records of the Unvictorious Count's battle reports. However, I did get some nice idea's thanks to http://www.solegends.com/marauder/index.htm (stuff of legends). One is a Random Regiment of Renown generator.

The other idea is something I'd like to try in the future with my brother and RPG group, CARNAGE COMPANIES. This will be warhammer 5th edition using just the 3 basic books (and cards), the Rulebook, Battle Book and the Magic supplement. It is inspired by older editions of the Warhammer Games and will have some more liberal equipment options and give more significance to Standard bearers and Musicians for starters. It came to me last week as I read some nice E-books, namely Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader and Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness. In addition I found a site from some dudes still playing 3d edition (which could do with some updating) and just read The Tragedy of McDeath and am now searching for a pdf of Bloodbath at Orc's Drift.

CARNAGE COMPANY will be something between regular warhammer and warhammer skirmish. Small and Swift warhammer battles, preferably in a campaign atmosphere. The troops will be highly customizable (within limits) and I hope it will catch my friends' imagination. I will set up these games in the future when the RPG games of my group are on hold due to vacations, illnesses etc. and people still want a game. This RPG hiatus situation happens more and more frequently, so it's worth a try. They used to put down WFB for the painting and money commitment, but considering we have now acquired a TON of WFB models for WHQ and WFRP (and the majority is painted) in addition to 4 complete warhammer armies (Orcs and Goblins, Empire, Bretonnia and High Elves) I don't really see that as an issue if we just use the old rules and basic creatures.

So, this week, or next week, I will post the Random Regiment of Renown Generator for you to try out, as unfortunately, I don't have any opponents to play against at the time. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment